[Tagging] Deprecate water=pond?

Seth Deegan jayandseth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:50:18 UTC 2020

Yes, but the range in size of lakes is massive (local ones compared to the
Great Lakes in the U.S.). You wouldn’t want the names of smaller lakes
showing up at lower zoom levels like the Great Lakes should.

If one was to establish a rendering difference, they should probably do so
by computing the lake size in the (the area of the way), rather than its
tagging.

El El mié, nov. 11, 2020 a la(s) 07:31, Martin Koppenhoefer <
dieterdreist at gmail.com> escribió:

> Am Mi., 11. Nov. 2020 um 14:22 Uhr schrieb Brian M. Sperlongano <
> zelonewolf at gmail.com>:
>
>> This doesn't seem like a good idea to me. The boundary between a lake and
>>> a pond may be hard to measure sometimes, but that doesn't mean it is useful.
>>>
>>>  In what way is this distinction useful?
>>

> for example you could prioritize rendering of lake names compared to pond
> names (assuming you give more importance to lakes).
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Thanks,
Seth