[Tagging] Deprecate water=pond?

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:14:35 UTC 2020

There is no "it". Everybody has their own "it", and even that may be
inconsistent.
I am not opposed to ponds and lakes - I just don't see a common definition
coming up without "generally" (but not always), "typically"(but may be
different), "usually"(except where it's not), "in most countries" (but not
everywhere) etc etc.

I don't think most bodies of water can be tagged as pond or lake by any
common standard, in a way that all agree. Nor do I think that is a problem.

Best, Peter Elderson