[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - electricity=*

Lukas Richert lrichert at posteo.de
Thu Nov 12 01:15:02 UTC 2020

If it's unclear I would just leave electricity:grid untagged as there's
no way to know if it's yes or no (another advantage of the namespace
tagging). In some areas, I think one could relatively safely assume that
if all other houses are connected to the grid, that one likely is too.
However,  Tagging the presence of a generator is definitely easier to
see and would be more important for firefighters to know (islanding).

Mostly I would probably say that the vast majority of private houses
probably don't need to be tagged in this detail and it definitely is
they type of information I've seen advertised at hotels and camp sites
where one wouldn't have to get all creepy to figure it out.

Also, if I understood https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_inverter
correctly, all of the different inverter types you mentioned are, one
way or another, connected to the grid. That might be another level of
detail one wants to map, but doesn't need to be worked into
electrical:grid I think? (I don't own either solar panels or a house
that they could go on though, so I'm not completely informed on this topic!)

Luke