[Tagging] Deprecate water=pond?

OSM osm at bavarianmallet.de
Thu Nov 12 11:47:12 UTC 2020

Am 11.11.2020 um 18:25 schrieb Peter Elderson:
> I am getting a foot vs hiking feeling. Everybody knows a difference,
> nobody has the same difference. In the end, it does not matter.

Hmm - does it matter, if it is a river or a stream or a lake or a pond?
Especially a lake with a river flowing through?
Or is it not all and everything only water - and a name somewhere ...
Why does the water=* tag exist anyway? To distinguish between flowing
and standing waters? Don't say so - see above.

http://www.avg.com