[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - Place of mourning (replacing "Chapel of rest")

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:43:53 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 12. Nov 2020, at 21:10, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You need to explain this on the new proposal page. Note that on Tag:shop=funeral_directors it says "an event (sometimes with the deceased's body present) to honor the deceased for mourners are held here in conjunction with religious services which are held elsewhere."

I find it irritating that funeral directors is described as a place where the body might be stored and a cerimony is held, certainly not something I have heard of in Germany or Italy. Admittedly this is already there for a long time, but from my understanding the former definition was much clearer:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag%3Ashop%3Dfuneral_directors&type=revision&diff=832146&oldid=689750

Cheers Martin