[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - electricity=*

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sun Nov 15 03:16:32 UTC 2020

Outstanding!  Here we see Lucas well-separating "meaning spaces" apart at the same time he's both looking towards the future as he offers others to sensibly extend the table given the structure he has started it with.  Bravo, sir.  Good things grow like this, with all the right ingredients in the mix to make it a future namespace and tagging scheme we can be proud of:  sensible, concise, tag-as-much-as-we-know-now (while there also being structure if there ARE more things we know and so can tag specifically).

The 21st century ahead for electricity.  Wow, that's an exciting place we imagine in many ways and we don't quite know now how it will unfold.  Tag what we know.  Sometimes some restructure happens.

I don't mind that we spell out our good methods as we go about making them.  Sometimes simply agreeing on the specifics of our intentions (out loud) is a good idea.  There are all kinds of good examples in OSM already.

Map well.  I see Lucas mapping well and I am grateful to participate in the conversation.  So glad to see things vetted among others.