[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - electricity=*

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:37:16 UTC 2020

Hi Lukas,

Le dim. 15 nov. 2020 à 02:46, Lukas Richert <lrichert at posteo.de> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I was actually thinking of the type of battery, i.e. flywheel, LiOn, etc.
> Although it would probably also be interesting to figure out a tagging
> scheme to classify batteries by type, capacity etc. for the future.

That's a good topic
However be careful to not extend the proposal too much. Classification of
batteries would deserve a dedicated document and vote.

> And it's true that :grid, :generator, and :battery as second namespaces
> are redundant if the source keys can be restricted to only being usable if
> the corresponding infrastructure key is used.

Great

> The only issue I see with separating the tagging like this if the general
> source of electricity is advertised (e.g. 'renewable' in a supermarket and
> you can't determine if that's because they're connected to the grid or they
> have a small wind turbine out back..rather unlikely but still). I think
> that it's likely easy to tell or would also be advertised if they had a
> local generator. Or perhaps would then have to be left untagged.

 If such a situation occurs, you'll have to tag both grid and generator
with two separate tags.

> If you'd like to add such a table to the wiki, feel free! :)

I'll take time to do so shortly

All the best

François