[Tagging] lanes - is "parking allowed" a parking lane?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Nov 20 10:28:46 UTC 2020

Nov 20, 2020, 11:03 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> Am Fr., 20. Nov. 2020 um 09:45 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> >:
>
>> I would describe >> https://westnordost.de/misc/2or1lanes.jpg>>  as road
>> with
>> - one lane driveable by full-size vehicles
>> - one parking lane
>>

> really? And if vehicles would be parking on both sides (without the explicit roadside parking area that is present in this case), you would tag it as lanes=0 and 2 parking lanes only?

This seems unlikely, with 0 lanes it would mean that cars inside are blocked
and unable to leave.

It is not impossible, but is it a typical situation anywhere?

I even mentioned two variants of "two parking lanes":
- two parking lanes on road, one driveable lane, no road markings - I would tag as lanes=1
 ( https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Barton_St_view_E_between_South_Park_Rd_and_Brown_St,_Macclesfield.jpg )
- two marked lanes, cars parking illegally on both sides, resulting in single usable lane
(cars driving over centerline) - is it possible to have this happen legally?
And illegal de-facto parking is problematic in general

> IMHO these are 2 lanes, clearly marked on the ground. I do not see a reason for one lane to be seen as parking lane only.

Even if it is both de facto pernament parking lane and parking in this way is legal?