[Tagging] surface=rock

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 23:41:18 UTC 2020

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 at 08:41, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairn it seems that it is
> something more purposefully constructed than
> "pile of unwanted stones kept in one place"

Yes, that's what I thought

man_made=pile_of_stones ?

Had a look & there are 14 uses of man_made=bare_rock & 9 of =rock.

May just go for man_made=rock_pile

Just spotted this image which is very similar to what I was talking about
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rock_Pile_-_geograph.org.uk_-_443119.jpg

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 at 09:00, Brian M. Sperlongano <zelonewolf at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We call them stone walls, but every so often a pedantist comes along and
> reminds us that they're actually stone fences.
>
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2020, 5:56 PM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> In the part of the world I was raised, rocks cleared from fields were used
>> to build drystone walls.  Solves two problems with one stone.

Thanks, fellas, but no rock walls / fences, just a pile :-)

Thanks

Graeme