[Tagging] Extremely long Amtrak route relations / coastline v. water

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Sun Nov 22 22:27:17 UTC 2020

> Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> hat am 22.11.2020 20:49 geschrieben:
>
> > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-March/035347.html
> Yes, long time ago there was a problematic idea that was abandoned.

Exactly.  It also shows how we in OSM traditionally make decisions about tagging.  An idea to change tagging practice was suggested - on an open channel for everyone to read and comment on without hurdles and with an archive that allows us now to read up on things years later.  It was discussed and arguments and reasoning were provided both for and against the idea and based on that we reached consensus that it was a bad idea and it was abandoned.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/