[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Hazards (animals)

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:30:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 2:25 AM Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

>    - Why hazard:animal and hazard:species is needed instead of animal and
>    species?
>
> I initially had it as just animal and species as you suggest.  However,
for hazards along a stretch of road (for example, "moose crossing next 5
miles"), you would end up tagging a way with animal=moose.  This creates
ambiguity in the tagging as to whether the road is *for* moose or contains
a *moose hazard*.  Thus, I invented hazard:animal to explicitly draw a
distinction.