[Tagging] Animal trails

Casper van Battum cvanbattum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 21:01:55 UTC 2020

Adding a `note=*` would not really help much here. The issue is that the
paths show up on the maps viewed by people. If we want to to give
platforms the ability to not render animal paths, they should be easy to
filter out. You can't do that with a generic note. I'm not sure if
something already exists for animal paths like this but I would also be
in favor of creating a specific tagging scheme for this. Without going
into the entire `highway=path` discussion, as alternative to
`highway=animal_track` we could maybe add a more specific version along
the lines of `path=animal`.

As a quick solution: A simple `access=no` might also do the trick of
course, but that doesn't describe the actual path.

Cheers, Casper