[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (shop=direct marketing)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 22:28:29 UTC 2020

On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 at 22:37, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 at 00:39, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> More important is if there is a sign,
>>

> Hand-painted signs saying "Horse manure", "Avo's", "Firewood", "Eggs" & so
> on good enough?

More than good enough for me.  It's verifiable, so ought to be good enough
for
anybody else.  I'm interested in cheap test equipment, are the Avos old or
new? :)

> shop=farm_gate would work for those stalls set up literally at the farm's
> front gate, but not sure about the ones in town such as

I'd leave it as shop=farm, otherwise we'll end up with
shop=farm_second_pigysty on the left.  It's a shop at a farm, the position
of the node indicates where it is.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-28.0794558,153.4353269,3a,44.3y,353.08h,84.13t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1srvTirWlBxaboKXGY_z4YiQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en
> (Sorry, there's a bus in the way! but the sign says "Horse manure for
> sale")

Unless that's the frontage to the land where the produce it is selling is
grown,
it's just a small shop not a farm shop.  The fact that a shop is selling
something
produced on a farm doesn't make it a farm shop (otherwise a greengrocer
would be
a farm shop).  A farm shop is on the grounds where the produce is grown.
It's
stretching things if the shop is attached to a private house and the
produce is
grown in the garden, but I suppose it depends on the side of the garden.  We
don't have a shop=small_garden.

--
Paul