[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (shop=direct marketing)

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 05:44:27 UTC 2020

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 at 09:32, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, if we count that as a farm shop then the term essentially becomes
> an alias of greengrocer.
> A greengrocer with a single supplier, but still a greengrocer.

True, but under that theory, there's no difference between a convenience
store & a supermarket.

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 at 10:23, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:

>  OSM even has a nice icon for the business

Just tried mapping one & iD calls it a Produce Stand, which I guess could
also be an alternative name, possibly as shop=produce_stand?

& wondering about also listing what they sell, took me to the produce page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:produce :roll eyes:

Something that wasn't mentioned there though, is manure, & the only
reference that I can find to it is as a content= for bunker_silos?

So, how should manure appear?

produce=manure + manure=horse, or

produce=horse_manure?

There was a semi-related reference as a possible error (Sewage is not
produce but a waste material. Try content
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:content>=sewage
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:content%3Dsewage&action=edit&redlink=1>),
but I don't think manure counts as sewage?

Thanks

Graeme