[Tagging] What does bicycle=no on a node means?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 14:07:36 UTC 2020

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 8:07 AM OSM <osm at bavarianmallet.de> wrote:

> How to solve the issue with a single crossing node at highway=<street>
> without a crossing highway=<anything_but_street> because of "sideway
> tagging by tags on highway" mapping?

I don't try to solve it. I put in a short way for the crossing.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/781981138 is the first example that came
to mind for me. https://www.flickr.com/photos/ke9tv/49667335508 is a street
view of the crossing in question.

Don't excoriate me for the `highway=path`. That's what the mappers around
here do for a shared-foot-and-cycleway. I tried once, after a scolding
here, retagging it as `highway=cycleway foot=designated shared=yes`. Other
locals reverted.

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin