[Tagging] Proposal to change key:man_made to key:human_made

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:36:13 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 15. Oct 2020, at 02:57, Robert Delmenico <robert at rtbk.com.au> wrote:
>
> I also understand that generally speaking the use of man_made is commonly accepted as a gender neutral term, but in reality it has been adapted that way due to past practices of gender bias.

I fear in „human“ there is still a man, even in every woman there‘s a man, as in female there is a male. Overall it looks as if English is not suitable for gender neutral language, everything refers back to men. I propose to use German as the language for tags.
It might look like an impossible endeavor at first glance to retag those millions or billions of objects, but if you dig deeper you will find that many tags are already more German than English, so ultimately it wouldn’t be as much change as it may sound initially.

Cheers Martin