[Tagging] railway=station areas

OSM osm at bavarianmallet.de
Thu Oct 15 10:01:21 UTC 2020

Am 10.10.2020 um 00:35 schrieb Dave F via Tagging:

> I edited a copy of the diagram (A-simple-station.svg) of a station
> layout, primarily to remove any references to PTv2 tags, a completely
> independent, duplicating tagging schema, irrelevant to anything to do
> with the railway=station tag.

That is the main problem I think:
You think, that railway=* and PTv2 tags are duplicating tagging schemas.

But:
railway=* are _railway_ related tags - they are for infrastructure.
PTv2 tags are _public_transport_ tags - they are for the public
transport use cases.

And yes - these both are truly different.

http://www.avg.com