[Tagging] railway=station areas

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 09:00:32 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 15. Oct 2020, at 16:40, Dave F via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> Which negates any desire to change the meaning of railway=station from "places where customers can access railway services or where goods are loaded and unloaded."

I am perfectly fine with this definition, it was you who chose to ignore the “where goods are loaded and unloaded” part.
My interpretation for railway=station is: the train station (all of it). I am neither a train spotter nor a buffer kisser (not sure this term exists in English), but it seems clear that the tag implies the whole railway station, regardless of its application on a node or an area.

Cheers Martin