[Tagging] How are busways mapped, which are not guideways?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Oct 18 08:17:26 UTC 2020

Oct 18, 2020, 09:58 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> sent from a phone
>

>> On 18. Oct 2020, at 08:12, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Right now the suggestion on highway=bus_guideway is that other busways might be mapped highway=service + bus=designated + access=no. (See >> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dbus_guideway>> )
>>

> I have been retagging these in the past in my area because the tagging prevented pedestrians from walking on the sidewalks (depending on the presence of sidewalks and other lanes this may be desirable or not).

If walking along them is OK then add foot=yes + sidewalk tag (or map footway as a separate line)

> AFAIK dedicated bus lanes are tagged with lane tagging.

Yes, bus lanes are tagged with lane tagging. This applies to dedicated road (in my city
some major roads have sidewalks, cycleways, oneway carriageway for general traffic and
bus dedicated road between them - sometimes also with trams).

See https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/50.04681/19.92543&layers=N