[Tagging] Proposal to change key:man_made to key:human_made

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:03:21 UTC 2020

Hi

I second the comments of Topographe below. Continuous improvement is a
major challenge.

Le dim. 18 oct. 2020 à 23:09, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> And once we have done it, we could do it again and again, for all kinds of
> reasons.

Not all kinds of reasons: once the change has been reviewed, voted,
discussed by the community for a significant amount of time.
Providing a technical efficiency or a given tool doesn't mean we should
overuse that tool.

> The problem is not the data at the origin, it is the system around the
> database.

If the system isn't suitable enough, let's improve it.
For instance: among other things, versions keep a record of a manual edit
of a particular user and allow change reversal.
Once a big change like man_made => human_made has been reviewed and
acknowledged by the community, do we need a formal version to reverse it?
How many DWG changesets have been reversed in the past?
I think the need to create versions for this particular kind of change is
very low.

All the best

François