[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Artificial

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:57:46 UTC 2020

On 21/10/2020 00.57, Robert Delmenico wrote:
> 'her generic man' has been fixed - it was a typo.
>
> now reads:
> "confirmed that when people read or hear the generic version of 'man',
> people form mental pictures of males"

Citation needed, especially as you imply one but don't (AFAICT?) supply
a link to it. I'd be especially curious to know whether there is an
observable difference in people's mental image of "men", when used in a
sense to refer to humans generically, and e.g. "people".

Also:

> The word 'Man' in the Old English sense 'mann' had the primary meaning of "adult male human"

Citation needed, particularly as the other thread contains a statement
which directly contradicts this.

--
Matthew