[Tagging] Parking fee only after some time period

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:22:23 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 21. Oct 2020, at 10:59, stevea <steveaOSM at softworkers.com> wrote:
> What I mean by towing_penalty=yes is that it is POSSIBLE that you might get towed if you exceed the maxstay (or a semantic otherwise interpretable-from-the-tags).  What I mean by towing_penalty=no is that the particular "enforcement method" of getting towed to make you think twice about exceeding the maxstay isn't a chosen tool on this parking lot, and/or there is no sign so indicating.

around here you could always get towed when parking where you shouldn’t, of course the likelyness correlates with the amount of nuisance you create. I would find it hard to guarantee for some place that you won’t get towed despite of wrong parking.

I see some point in indicating that they are menacing you with towing.
Indeed there are also official traffic signs which do it to underline certain parking or stopping limitations. E.g. https://live.staticflickr.com/7647/26807112525_c70e2863f2_o.jpg

Cheers Martin