[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Proposal of electricity=* and electricity:origin

Lukas Richert lrichert at posteo.de
Thu Oct 22 13:39:09 UTC 2020

There were quite a few comments the first time around, so I just wanted
to call attention to the electricity proposal (see links below) once
more. I fear it got lost in the hullabaloo about the man_made tag.

Also, perhaps relevant: both the power_supply
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:power_supply> and socket
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:socket> keys describe the same
feature. power_supply so far has occasionally been used in the manner
that electricity proposes to be. Unfortunately, the proposal for
power_supply is relatively inconsistent. I think the socket:* tag is
better thought out and also currently more used. I would be in favor of
deprecating power_supply and separating the two meanings it currently
has into electricity=* and socket:*=#.

Regards, Luke