[Tagging] Proposal for admission=* tag

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:23:45 UTC 2020

pon, 26. lis 2020. u 18:13 Justin Tracey <j3tracey at gmail.com> napisao je:

> Another thing worth addressing in the proposal is how this relates to
> public transit systems. Things like a ferry that require a ticket for
> entry might translate pretty directly, but what about bus or light rail
> systems where you buy your ticket at a shop=ticket (or similar) to ride
> anywhere on the system? Does this apply to those too? What about systems
> where you can buy a ticket on a bus, but the ticket is also good for
> transfers to the light rail or subway stations that require a ticket for
> entry? The answer could be "no, don't use this for entire transit
> systems", but either way, public transit is prominent enough in OSM that
> I think it's worth explicitly addressing it in the proposal (and
> discussing here, if need be).

I was thinking about public transit while I wrote this proposal, and I
think it's more or less compatible. I was also thinking about motorways and
vignettes you have to buy at a shop. But I decided to not include those
because it would open a can of worms, and the proposal would never see the
light of day. My plan is to roll out this proposal for simpler use cases,
and if that works, we can apply it to public transport and maybe motorways.

You're right, I'll add a line in the wiki that this shouldn't be used for
public transport or motorway payment for now.