[Tagging] Documenting historic=anchor to the historic wiki page

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 22:13:21 UTC 2020

On Mon, 7 Sep 2020 at 23:06, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 7. Sep 2020, at 23:51, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > One has a plaque saying it is the birthplace of some important figure.
> > The plaque is a historic memorial, the house it is attached to is just a
> > house (as is the house next door).
>
> we’ll be mapping the plaque anyway

Yep.  Because in that place the plaque is the historic object, not the
house.

> (and we’ll typically not adding information like who has slept in this
> house in 1876 to the building object).

I didn't realize John Lennon was born that long ago.

Both houses are probably historic, testimonies of a certain time and
> context (socio economic conditions, style, technology, ...)

There is nothing of general historic significance about the house John
Lennon
was born in other than the fact he was born in it.  If we were to open the
tag up to everything that any historian anywhere might collate in statistics
then every house ever built would count as historic.  We need a sense
of proportion here.  And we need to remember that history is just
one Planck time before the present, but most of it goes unrecorded.

--
Paul