[Tagging] How to tag a social vacation centre?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:12:20 UTC 2020

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 09:40, António Madeira <antoniomadeira at gmx.com>
wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> How should I tag an area dedicated to vacations, which is not a resort,
> only for members of an institution? Those centres are very common near
> the sea, and they range from kids camps (sons of government workers), to
> bank or police pensioners/workers.
> I was about to tag that as amenity=social_facility but I can't find any
> suitable subtag that conveys the idea of vacations.

I think I would just go with tourism=hotel (or campsite, chalet, hostel as
applicable) https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tourism

That page makes reference to including group_only=yes
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:group_only and also access=private
if it's only open to members of a particular group.

You could also include a description "Only open to members of the Retired
Police Officers Association"

Thanks

Graeme