[Tagging] Biker’s rests

Grzegorz Szymaszek gszymaszek at short.pl
Fri Sep 11 20:15:17 UTC 2020

Thanks for your input.

I am still unsure about the tag value (“how do you call this thing”).
Other than that, I consider two simple ways of tagging the “rests”:
• it is a rail/barrier/rest for cyclists, so a single tag is enough to
  describe it, for example man_made=bikers_rest (note that “leaning
  rail” does not have to be technically usable by cyclists);
• it is a rail/barrier/rest, so we can tag it with the somewhat generic
  man_made=leaning_rail, _and_ it is expected to be used exclusively by
  cyclists, so let’s add bicycle=designated as well.
I am leaning towards the second way, though I would like to hear more
opinions.

--
Grzegorz