[Tagging] How to tag a social vacation centre?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 23:20:42 UTC 2020

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 at 07:01, António Madeira via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I ended choosing leisure=resort.
> There is an ill documented key for this tag, which seems to address the
> problem of defining the type of resort:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:resort
>
> Maybe we could expand and better the type of resort, based on this key.

Not well documented at all, & as far as I can see, never discussed or voted
on either?

I've got to say that, personally, I don't like leisure=resort - I would
think it should be tourism=resort (despite that being deprecated)?

To me, leisure is something that you do for fun / relaxation in your home
town, while tourism is what you do when you go away on holidays.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dresort even says "
attracting visitors for vacations, tourism"!

Thanks

Graeme