[Tagging] sleepable:physical=yes/no | Re: Benches and hostile architecture

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:41:53 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 15. Sep 2020, at 19:27, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> Is it maybe more universal to map
> strictly objective parameters instead?
>
> It seems for me that mapping
> length, armrest in the middle and width
> would be both far more objective and
> potentially useful also for other purposes

while these are useful, we could also start adding subtypes for specific models. It is very common that a few models are used throughout the city or village, with individual types often being the exception.
Also uploading pictures of individual benches to wikimedia (or elsewhere) and linking them from OpenStreetMap is very helpful.

Cheers Martin