[Tagging] [OSM-talk] "Limitations on mapping private information" - wiki page

Niels Elgaard Larsen elgaard at agol.dk
Wed Sep 16 13:11:42 UTC 2020

Mateusz Konieczny via talk:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Limitations_on_mapping_private_information
>
> Do you think that this page is a good description of community consensus?
>
> The page has
> "This page is under development (May 2020). It may not yet reflect community consensus."
> and I would like to check whatever it matches community consensus well or mismatches it.

I think we should avoid language such as "There is no need to split residential
landuse into individual plots".

Of course there is a need for someone somewhere to tag just about everything.
For example, if you want to buy a house you would want to see where the plot is.

This is not about needs, but about privacy, and maybe data quality.

--
Niels Elgaard Larsen