[Tagging] automated edits seem to remove crossing=zebra drastically

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:13:58 UTC 2020

On 17/09/2020 15.50, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> On 9/17/20 11:30, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> *Maybe* if you get lucky and have a very clear shadow at the right
>> angle, but if you try to tell me you can identify
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/7695704414 (n.b. a yield sign)
>> from a shadow in aerial imagery, I am going to be deeply suspicious
>> ;-).
>
> Are you sure you didn't mean node 42164543 or something west of it? That
> one, I'd need to survey or see street-level imagery to be confident
> enough to map it. The shadow, if present, is overlaid by another in the
> area. Nodes 6393986190 and 6393985684 do have the "shark's teeth" line
> used with yield signs (which I did add just now).

Ah, I think I see what happened... iD really wants me to tag the node as
something, and I was just seeing "yield" at the top of its suggestion
list. I think I didn't notice because every other node I as looking at
just showed up as a "point", apparently because they belonged to more
than one way.

Also, I was trying to figure out why an apparently unnecessary node was
there, which probably helped mislead me into thinking it was tagged. I'm
pretty sure I'd intended to split between crossing and just sidewalk
there, as discussed earlier in this thread (also why I was looking at
that particular spot in the first place) and botched it. (Fixed, now.)

--
Matthew