[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (DEPRECATED building=funeral hall)

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Sep 18 06:57:16 UTC 2020

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=funeral+hall&t=h_&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images
makes clear that at least some funeral halls are distinguishable from
building=house

This proposal reports that some members of German OSM community think differently,
I am not sure why it is enough to make proposal to encourage to change
all building=funeral_hall to building=yes

"It is therefore proposed to instead use the combination:
building=yes
amenity=funeral_hall"

Even if building is not recognizable specifically as funerall hall
and some more generic tag would be fitting (building=hall? building=civic?
building=public?) it does not mean that
1) nonspecific building=yes is best
2) there is currently funeral_hall there, so amenity=funeral_hall
should not always be added

Sep 18, 2020, 08:46 by tagging at openstreetmap.org: