[Tagging] Powerbank Sharing Systems

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 11:42:10 UTC 2020

On 19/09/2020 11:59, Jake Edmonds via Tagging wrote:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Powerbank-sharing_systems_by_name
>
> https://heychimpy.com
> https://www.wecharge.me
>

> I can’t see any tagging related to powerbank sharing systems.

You might be able to find some of them if you search for the name in
taginfo - go to https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/ , search for the name
and click the "values" tag - you'll get something like
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=chimpy#values .

> Unless anyone can point me to existing tagging, I will submit a
> proposal, based on amenity=bicycle_sharing, titled
> amenity=powerbank_sharing for tagging docking station.

If there really are none of these mapped right now, and they are
mappable (fixed things that don't move about), I'd concentrate on adding
the ones that you know about to the map as "some new tag that you think
is appropriate".   It's perfectly possible to search by name or operator
later if a consensus emerges, and change the ones that you mapped
previously to that new consensus.

I wouldn't bother with a proposal - I really don't think that it would
add any value in a case like this.

Best Regards,

Andy