[Tagging] Best practices regarding implied tags

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:18:10 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 20. Sep 2020, at 18:59, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone think that it is a good idea to add those two new tags in this particular situation?

while I am personally not unsatisfied with power=pole I could understand that people who want to deprecate this tag in favor of man_made=utility_pole (17200 as of yesterday)
would want to add it.

I could see some benefit from such a switch (better supports multiple utilities on the same pole, no need to decide on kind of utility if you don’t know it).

Cheers Martin