[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Chapel of rest)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:17:36 UTC 2020

On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 at 18:56, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Funeral viewing room sounds like a room where you can view the funeral. I
> suspect modern ones have very large screens and nice sound effects.

And perhaps even grandstands.

Funerals generally include the final disposition of the body.  Watching the
coffin being lowered into the grave.  Watching the coffin roll along the
conveyor belt to disappear behind a curtain (and maybe the sound of
the gas jets firing up).

So if it's a room at a cemetery from where you can watch the coffin being
lowered into the grave then maybe there is also a grandstand.

I'd say that "funeral viewing room" is a bad way of attempting to
describe a chapel of rest.  "Pre-funeral viewing room" would be
better, but is really clumsy.

--
Paul