[Tagging] Clubhouse vs Community Centre

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Thu Apr 1 10:48:27 UTC 2021

> What I want to say is that there is a spectrum of facilities that reaches from community centre (open for all) to club house (private).

Yes, agreed. I can see why the Wiki edit was made as it (at least appears to) tie this up neatly under one tagging scheme. But a clubhouse just isn’t a community centre, so the scheme doesn’t work.

I think we could perhaps define the clubhouse as being owned and primarily used by the club for club-related functions/activites. A facility that hosts more community-related events is a community centre.

I note the Wikipedia definition for a community centre says they can be religious in nature: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_centre