[Tagging] Clubhouse vs Community Centre

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Thu Apr 1 13:59:21 UTC 2021

Thanks for the countering view – it’s good to hear from both sides!

> I my opinion a club is also a community.

Personally, I think that is a bit of a stretch of the definition. A “common interest” community would, in my understanding, normally be much larger than a club.

> And a community centre is a centre where a community come together.

Even if we hold the assertation that a club is a type of community, you seem to be saying that any place where any community meets is therefore a community centre.

That is what I disagree with.

A community centre is a very specific term. It has far more requirements to it than simply being the meeting place of a club (or in your definition a very specific community). Wikipedia gives a list of example activities which one normally expects a community centre to hold: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_centre#Uses_and_activities

Cheers.