[Tagging] Clubhouse vs Community Centre

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Thu Apr 1 14:07:52 UTC 2021

Am 01.04.2021 um 15:40 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 1 Apr 2021, at 15:04, Robin Burek<robin.burek at gmx.de>  wrote:
>>
>> Than this group at itself is also a community....
>
> fine, but their clubhouse is not a community centre in the sense of OpenStreetMap tagging, we call these a clubhouse :)
Apparently not. The numbers say something else.

And the definition of "community center" in the OSM wiki is
contradicting itself. Because "amenity = community_centre" speaks of
only "public locations" - while "community_centre = *" does not have
this restriction ("serve different kinds of communities").
So you can only fall back on the linguistic definition. And there the
clubhouse is a community centre.