[Tagging] Clubhouse vs Community Centre

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Thu Apr 1 14:21:37 UTC 2021

Am 01.04.2021 um 15:59 schrieb nathan case:

> Even if we hold the assertation that a club is a type of community,
> you seem to be saying that any place where any community meets is
> therefore a community centre.

No, but a place that is only used by a club would be a community_centre
-> club_home
I can also meet regularly with a club in a restaurant, which doesn't
mean that it becomes a "community_centre".

> That is what I disagree with.

> A community centre is a very specific term. It has far more
> requirements to it than simply being the meeting place of a club (or
> in your definition a very specific community). Wikipedia gives a list
> of example activities which one normally expects a community centre to
> hold:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_centre#Uses_and_activities
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_centre#Uses_and_activities>

In this description after the Wikipedia article, my execution is
included. Because

 1. "in their communities" -> community = club
 2. "function"
      * -> "As the place for all-community celebrations at various
        occasions and traditions."
      * -> "As a place where community members meet each other socially."
      * -> "As a place housing local clubs and volunteer activities."
      * -> "As a place for community resources."

Attention my opinion: I have to honestly say that I don't understand why
you can't just continue using a more established tag that is also
grammatically correct ...? "Community_centre" shouldn't just be
interpreted too narrowly, because community is more than just a
neighborhood or something similar.