[Tagging] Quarantine areas.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:14:24 UTC 2021

On 1/4/21 9:29 pm, Peter Elderson wrote:
> How permanant are q-areas? In Nederland, Quarantine is more like a
> distributed pop-up thing. The appear with a loud pop, and disappear
> with a sad sizzle. In a few months, it's all history; next pandemic,
> all the wheels will be reinvented.

In the days of sailing ships they were permanent locations with a number
of buildings.

some time ago the few that were 'quarantined' are usually taken to an
isolation ward in a hospital.

However with Covid and the large numbers I can see this facility
operating for a year at least to accommodate returning local citizens,
some 40,000 want to return but limited to a small number so as not to
overflow the facilities.

Once overseas people are allowed back in then this facility may be used
by them for quarantine too, as the requirement may well continue for
some time even with the vaccinated.