[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Fri Apr 2 19:42:06 UTC 2021

Am 02.04.2021 um 21:21 schrieb stevea:

> AND / OR, it is the "area" (as defined by our amenity=school wiki,
> where the "Used on these elements" section CLEARLY allows this tag to
> be applied to an area / closed polygon or multipolygon). Perhaps this
> is a misunderstanding on your part, but this has simply always been
> true in OSM, so people have always tagged "school grounds" (the area
> defined by the enclosing fence or boundary/border of the school) like
> this: with an area way (closed polygon / multipolygon).
> It is possible you do not recognize that amenity=school is perfectly OK as a tag on BOTH nodes AND areas.  So, we do.

I have not say anithing like this.
A single school on one ground ist mapped as an area -> The school with
it (only by the school used) ground. This is ONE school. So you have an
area marked with amenity=school. So you mark the school.
You are overinterpreting the "area-Symbol" in the wiki.
This does not mean, that amenity=school work for the school and the
school ground. But in the "normal case" the (singular) school is marked
by it ground. But this is don't work fine, if there are multiple schools
or a school and a kindergarten on one ground.