[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:31:55 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 2 Apr 2021, at 22:50, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> amenity=school implies landuse=education, it is true
> but landuse=education area would be useful in cases where school complex has its own
> name (or other data)

IMHO we should have a feature tag for school complexes, landuse isn’t suitable. If amenity=school is not deemed suitable either, we could have another tag, e.g. amenity=school_site

or we coin something more generic, which will make life a bit harder for data consumers who might want to have a look at the contained schools in order to understand the significance, e.g amenity=educational_site

Cheers Martin