[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - clubhouse

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:49:14 UTC 2021

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 at 08:53, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> you propose to deprecate building=clubhouse but require that a building
> tag is associated with amenity=clubhouse. What’s wrong with
> building=clubhouse?
>

>From the original thread:

" no, building is about what the building look like. I have no idea what's
a "clubhouse style" is", which is quite correct.

But the comment has also been made that we should tag things as e.g.
building=military or building=school, so that data users can calculate how
many of each there are, so, no matter which way you go, somebody will say
you're wrong!

Thanks

Graeme