[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Sat Apr 3 09:36:29 UTC 2021

Am 03.04.2021 um 01:31 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

>> On 2 Apr 2021, at 22:50, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging<tagging at openstreetmap.org>  wrote:
>>
>> amenity=school implies landuse=education, it is true
>> but landuse=education area would be useful in cases where school complex has its own
>> name (or other data)
>
> IMHO we should have a feature tag for school complexes, landuse isn’t suitable. If amenity=school is not deemed suitable either, we could have another tag, e.g. amenity=school_site
>
> or we coin something more generic, which will make life a bit harder for data consumers who might want to have a look at the contained schools in order to understand the significance, e.g amenity=educational_site
Why should landuse not be suitable? It is land (ground) wich is used by
educational institutions.....

Actually, - and that i found a little bit funny, - there is a
discription on the "Land use"-Wiki-page about what is a landuse-> "*Land
use*, as the name suggests, describes what an area of land is used for
e.g. housing, commercial activities, farming, *education*, leisure,
etc." https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Land_use
So education is everytime a "land use" - it is formal shown as implied
by the educational-amenities. I don't think so to create a new "amenity"
- because it is not a amenity. The school is. But the ground is land.
And a single school has a "school site" too - so how connect amenities
school and school_site? For me, this is not really clear.
I would find it easier to separate the landuse from its direct
dependency on the ameinitie.