[Tagging] Instituto Cervantes (and similar government sponsored cultural institutions)

Héctor Ochoa cie.hochoa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 14:20:49 UTC 2021

Dear all,
I am https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Robot8A, a mapper from Spain
currently living in Vienna, Austria. I recently mapped the Instituto
Cervantes of this city: https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8558277017, but
I felt that the tagging I used for this institution was not completely
right. Should it be a language school, a community centre or other amenity?

You can see that the tagging is quite diverse when searching for other
Instituto Cervantes in the world:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=Instituto Cervantes

Instituto Cervantes is an institution created by the Spanish Government to
promote Spanish culture and language worldwide, you can read more about it
in the Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instituto_Cervantes.

The same goes for similar goverment sponsored cultural institutions (Goethe
Institut, Institut Français, Confucius Institute, Yunus Emre Institute...).

How should we map them?

Thanks in advance,
Héctor 'Robot8A'