[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Jeroen Hoek mail at jeroenhoek.nl
Sat Apr 3 18:42:20 UTC 2021

On 02-04-2021 13:07, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
> It is something that keeps returning and I see a real need for
> amenity=school_complex / landuse=school / landuse=education

> Note that there are cases of complex with kindergarten and elementary
> school grouped as one

To add a perspective from the Netherlands: there is an ongoing trend of
converting primary schools (i.e., one school on one area in OSM) into
'integral child centres' (Integraal Kindcentrum (IKC)) which contain the
primary school as well as child day care facilities working together in
one building (or at the very least on the same school grounds).

Here landuse=education makes a lot of sense for the shared grounds,
which often has the name of the IKC, with two nodes inside of it the
primary school and child day care facility, which often keep their own
name and identity, and are often run by different organisations.