[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Jeroen Hoek mail at jeroenhoek.nl
Sat Apr 3 19:45:41 UTC 2021

>> Why should landuse not be suitable? It is land (ground) wich is
>> used by educational institutions.....
>
> it is suitable to tag land as used by educational institutions, but
> it is not suitable to describe a distinct feature like an university
> campus as university campus or a school site as site. If you split an
> educational landuse in two, you won’t get 2 institutions, you will
> end with the same semantics of the same land used for educational
> purposes

Yet landuse=residential can be named, such as when it marks the
boundaries of a housing project (obviously distinct from features that
are not landuse such as neighborhoods and other place tags), as can
landuse=retail for shopping centres. I agree that a campus might benefit
from additional tagging specific to campuses, but in its core it is very
much a form of landuse, and it fits well in the existing landuse schemes.