[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 21:39:14 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 3 Apr 2021, at 21:49, Jeroen Hoek <mail at jeroenhoek.nl> wrote:
>
> Yet landuse=residential can be named, such as when it marks the
> boundaries of a housing project (obviously distinct from features that
> are not landuse such as neighborhoods and other place tags),

I am aware that it is rarely done (5% of all landuses have a name tag), but
my suggestion is to deprecate this. It makes it impossible to add more detailed landuse, as this would exclude these areas from the „housing project“/named area.

landuse should be about the usage of land, not imply other concepts like housing projects.

> as can
> landuse=retail for shopping centres.

the tag for shopping-centers is shop=mall

landuse=retail is for land primarily used for retail, and can contain any number of malls and shops, just like several landuse=retail could together describe a single mall.

Cheers Martin