[Tagging] Fall protection mats on playgrounds

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 22:16:23 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 3 Apr 2021, at 23:59, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, in English “Rubber” includes any kind of flexible / elastic material which is somewhat similar to natural rubber, eg waterproof or rubbery

like expanded polystyrene? cork?
Where is the border of “similar to natural rubber”? I guess some mats could be called rubber, others not.

I would be fine with surface=shock_absorbing_mats and if you want to describe the specific material, use the “material” tag. We don’t specify the material of other surface values either, e.g. ground, dirt, gravel, paving_stones, mud, grass_paver, interlock, ...

Cheers Martin 

More information about the Tagging mailing list