[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Apr 5 08:27:52 UTC 2021

Apr 5, 2021, 09:34 by minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us:

> Vào lúc 14:39 2021-04-03, Martin Koppenhoefer đã viết:
>

>> sent from a phone
>>
>>> On 3 Apr 2021, at 21:49, Jeroen Hoek <mail at jeroenhoek.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yet landuse=residential can be named, such as when it marks the
>>> boundaries of a housing project (obviously distinct from features that
>>> are not landuse such as neighborhoods and other place tags),
>>>

>> I am aware that it is rarely done (5% of all landuses have a name tag), but
>> my suggestion is to deprecate this. It makes it impossible to add more detailed landuse, as this would exclude these areas from the „housing project“/named area.
>>

> This just reflects the fact that it's far easier to eyeball a bunch of landuse areas from aerial imagery (or import them from a landcover dataset) than to deliberately map a planned development by its name (which requires either a ground survey or local knowledge).

And while landuse with specific borders not always can be well matched to a specific
named features, in cases where it is possible it makes perfect sense to tag name on it.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/238298989 - maybe it should include also playgrounds
toward south, but I can confirm that it matches reality well

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/156898490 - also good fit

https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/12537755 - also perfectly fine, name
removal would not help anything at all and there is no alternative taggging